Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Just a quickie...

The wind is blowing so hard that I can't sleep and I realize that I have been neglecting my blog...

Last night Tuck had a really bad dream, it was about a bad guy in his umbrella. It scared him so he ended up sleeping with Tanner and I ended up in bed with Sissy. Well tonight he didn't want to go to bed because he was scared, but I thought that I had talked him out of being scared as we said prayers and I tucked them into bed. Sadie and Tuck both came tip-toeing out of their room, holding hands as they both said, "mom, we are scared". I said, "Sadie, what are you scared of?" She says, "Tuck told me about his dream and I am scared of it too". So I came up with a brilliant plan, I grabbed Lily's blanket and took the kids to bed, tucked them in again and put Lily's blanket on their floor and I said, "Lily can sleep on your floor". Tuck said, "What good will Lily do?" I said, "She will chase away all of your bad dreams". The kids both said okay and within 2 minutes they were both sound asleep and so was Lily.....I hope they are always so trusting and impressionable:)

We have some really EXCITING news.....We have four new additions to our family...Small One had her tiny kittens this morning, good job momma!! (I will post pictures shortly)....We just can't get enough of these sweet little fur balls:) And the kids cannot wait until they can hold them! It is so fun for the kids to have so many simple yet miraculous joys in their lives. They really know how to help me put things into perspective.

3 comments:

  1. Your kids are so funny! We have the same problem about scary dreams and not wanting to go to bed. We probably won't get a dog unless JayDee finally gives in! So, it got me thinking, right now the kids go to bed between 7:30 and 8:00, for school, so it is still light. Maybe I will just have to resort to putting them to bed every night that early so that it will be light enough for them not to be scared! :) I just don't think the kids will go for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea...can you come and teach my kids?

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea mom.....Kelsey had bad dreams...we got her a dream catcher....and talked to her...she was convinced for years that sleeping toward her dream catcher were good dreams and she would always sleep toward that direction even when she didn't have a dream catcher...I like the dog idea....I miss miss those days at the Gorge....tear!

    ReplyDelete